Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Coconut oil...And Dekker eats salad!


I remembered to take a picture at the last minute- so sorry it's not the best, I had to do with what was left.

The outside night menue:
Sweet potatoes with mashed in coconut butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
Mesquite Salmon grilled on a Cedar plank (my favorite way to prepare salmon!)
Garden salad

Did you know that coconut oil is good for you?! I love those good fats and oils. Did you know you can use it in place of butter on sweet potatoes and its FABULOUS?!

I recently picked up some Vidalia Sweet Onion dressing from Costco. It's pretty dang tasty in wraps, cold pasta salads, as a dressing on sandwiches, and on salads. Seriously, you know it must be good when your four year old eats his serving of salad and then asks for a second helping! He also commented on the hard boiled eggs, which I don't always put in- so I was taking mental notes.

And do yourself a favor- find some mesquite seasoning, heavily sprinkle it on some fresh salmon, then grill it on a cedar plank. Even if you haven't liked fish in the past, you just might "mmm" and "ahhh" over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment