Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fiesta Salad (or wrap)

Last night we went to a neighborhood BBQ pot luck. Tons of neighbors came. It was so fun to meet all the people around us. Can I just say that I live in a super cool, super fun neighborhood? Really. I do.

I created and made the following salad- and had at least three people go to the trouble of finding out who made it, and then coming to me and complimenting me on it. I'd say that that's a sign of success. I think this could also be thrown in a wrap for a healthy lunch.

Jaime's Fiesta Salad

Entire head of green leaf lettuce torn
1/4 C. finely chopped cilantro
1 cup of corn (I had one cob of fresh corn that I cut off the cob)
1 + cup of black beans (I rinsed and used not quite a full can)
1 cup diced fresh tomatoes

Dressing (kinda a long list of ingredients, but I just kept throwing stuff in till it tasted right)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 - 1 tsp taco seasoning
dash of olive oil
dash of balsamic vinegar

I threw this all together about an hour before and chilled in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment