Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vegetarian biscuits and gravy?!

Vegetarian Biscuits and Gravy:

1 can refrigerator biscuits prepared as directed
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can water or milk of choice
diced broccoli, cauliflower, carrots

Saute veggies with some garlic and salt in olive oil. Add soup, and mix in water or milk till it reaches your desired consistency. I used a full can of water, and it was still creamy enough for me. Pour over your biscuits and enjoy.

I made this one night when the boys were gone to somewhere and I  wanted something simple, but also would use up some of the produce I had sitting in my fridge. I've also made a similar variation with this making mini veggie pot pies in muffin tins. That one I made for the whole gang and they really liked them. Next time I might add some marjoram, thyme, and oregano to add a bit more flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment